“LAX on the Move”…coming this May
A big change is coming to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) this May, and we just couldn’t wait to share the news.
Over a five-day period in May, one-third of our nearly 70 airline partners will relocate their operations, many of them to new terminals, others to new ticket counters in their current home. The moves will take place the nights of May 12, 14 and 16. Each airline will complete its relocation overnight and resume operations in their new location the following morning.
The finely choreographed events take place as Delta Air Lines relocates from Terminals 5 and 6 to Terminals 2 and 3, furthering our progress toward our vision of a Gold Standard Airport. The coordination and cooperation among the airlines involved has been impressive and mirrors the importance that we all place on the guest experience at LAX. The end result will be more efficient airline operations between partner carriers, and planned facility improvements for Terminals 2 and 3.
Tips for travelers:
- Check-in online, print a boarding pass and confirm terminal and gate number with your airline before coming to LAX
- When entering the airport, look for signs directing you to the correct terminal
- Once at LAX, check flight and gate status on display boards in each terminal
- Plan ahead and allow extra time for walking. Some flights have check-in at one terminal with departure from another
- After check-in, some airlines will bus passengers to a different terminal for departure