The LAX Central Terminal Area (CTA) currently records about 95,000 vehicles daily, with significantly more during summer and holiday travel. LAX is working hard to create traffic solutions that will help you to better manage and mitigate congestion in the terminal area, as well as reduce emissions. With your help, we can make getting around LAX a whole lot easier and cleaner.
- Our Airport Police Traffic Officers are actively managing traffic at bottleneck areas and during busiest times of the day.
- Plans for construction of the $5.5-billion Landside Access Modernization Program (LAMP) comprised of an Automated People Mover, Consolidated Rent-A-Car Center, two Intermodal Transportation Centers, roadway improvements, with a link to public transit. LAMP will eliminate millions of vehicles each year driving through the Central Terminal Area, significantly reducing traffic and fully connecting LA to LAX.
- Changeable message boards at the entrances and other parts of the CTA are changed during peak times throughout the day to inform motorists of congestion on one level and advise them to use the other level.
- Traffic and Police Motorcycle units constantly monitor curbs for parked vehicles and educate drivers about the Cell Phone Waiting Lot as an alternative before ushering them from the curb.
- Real-time airport traffic conditions are posted 24/7 on the Airport Police Twitter site @LAAirportPD, linked to LAX site @flyLAXairport and www.LAXisHappening.com